Who we are and how to contact us
Bournemouth Borough Council residents (telephone line open Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:15pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm)
Bournemouth Care Direct: 01202 454979
or email: email@example.com
or write to: Bournemouth Care Direct, St Stephens Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EB
Complete a self assessment online (opens in a new window).
Dorset County Council residents (telephone line open Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm)
or telephone the Adult Access Team: 01305 221016
or write to: Adult Access Team, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ
Borough of Poole residents (telephone line open Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:15pm and Friday 8:30am-4:45pm)
Helpdesk: 01202 633902
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to: Adult Social Care Services, Civic Centre Annexe, Park Road, Poole, Dorset BH15 2RT
We have one emergency out of office hours service that covers the whole of Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. The out of hours service:
- provides emergency cover and access to essential services when our daytime services are closed
- gives information and advice and, where necessary, makes visits to further assess needs and provide services
- is open Monday to Thursday from 5.00pm to 8.40am and from 4.00pm Friday to 8.40am Monday
- is for adult and children's social care.
Telephone: 01202 657279
If you, or someone you know is being abused, or think they may be, call:
- Bournemouth Borough Council Care Direct on 01202 454979
- Dorset County Council Adult Access Team on 01305 221016
- Borough of Poole Adult Social Care Help Desk on 01202 633902
If it is outside of normal office hours, please call the Out of Hours Service on 01202 657279.
If you think someone may be at immediate risk of harm, contact the Police by calling 999.
If you're not sure what abuse is, we have more information about what might be abuse.
Do you have something to say about adult social care services? Do you have a comment, compliment or complaint?
Telling us what you think lets us know what we are doing well and what we need to do better. Your views and ideas help us to improve our services.
You can contact your local council directly:
- Bournemouth Borough Council (opens in a new window)
- Dorset County Council (opens in a new window)
- Borough of Poole (opens in a new window)
If you don't want to talk directly with your local council, you can contact Healthwatch Dorset (opens in a new window). Healthwatch Dorset is an independent organisation that represents the views and wishes of people who use adult social care services in Dorset.
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on our directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please email us with brief details.