A Good Neighbour scheme for anyone over 50 who may struggle with a one off task that a volunteer Good Neighbour could help with. The scheme covers the Dorchester, Weymouth and Portland areas.
We suggest a minimum donation of £3 per task to help cover expenses. Examples of things we could help with include:
- changing a light bulb
- changing the batteries in hearing aids, remote controls etc.
- taking some rubbish to the tip
- sewing on buttons or turning up hems
- re-tuning a TV or a basic computer problem task
- collecting a prescription
- reaching a high cupboard
- walking a dog or getting in some shopping if a person is unwell
- sweeping a front path or moving some light furniture
- and much more!
All our volunteers are DBS checked and have received training on visiting people in their homes and confidentiality.
BCP Council is not responsible for the content, reliability or availability of external web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing of organisations in our Directory should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind.
Please note that availability of these services may be restricted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the details on this website may not reflect the current situation. If you need to tell us about incorrect information please tell us using the details on the 'contact us' page.