Search site

When your caring role changes or ends.

The Department for Work and Pensions (opens in a new window) need to know that you are no longer a carer if you have been receiving Carer's Allowance.

If you were getting a Council Tax discount because of your caring responsibilities, remember to let your local council know that your caring responsibilities have ended. If you're living alone, you may still be entitled to a single occupant's discount (25%) on your bill.

You may be entitled to welfare benefits if you are not in employment or unable to return to work.


Page last updated: 26/02/2018 12:24
Feedback icon