Day services and other activities to provide support, rehabilitation and develop your skills
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: email@example.com
A reading group at Wareham library.
- Book Chat - Wareham: 01929 556146
A book group at Gillingham library. We meet once a month on a Saturday, contact us to find out more.
- Book Group - Gillingham: 01747 822180
A reading group at Weymouth library.
- Books and More - Weymouth: 01305 762410
We produce free tapes, CDs and memory sticks of local news for the blind and partially sighted every two weeks.
- Bournemouth and Wessex Talking Newspaper: 07587 174297
Calibre Audio Library is a national charity providing a subscription-free service of unabridged audio books for adults and children with sight problems, dyslexia or other disabilities, who cannot read print.
- Calibre Audio Library: 01296 432339
A reading group at Sherborne library.
- Feel Better with a Book - Sherborne: 01935 812683
We send out our free talking newspaper on USB memory sticks every Friday. You can also listen to our talking newspaper and talking magazines online on our website.
- New Milton and Lymington Talking Newspaper: 01425 616361
Portland Connect is a day service for older people and is located in the Fortuneswell area on Portland.
- Portland Connect: 01305 821337
Reading group at Blandford Library.
- Reading Group - Blandford: 01258 452075
A reading group at Wimborne library.
- Shared reading Group - Wimborne: 01202 882770
The South West Dorset Talking Newspaper provides a weekly dose of local news and a talking magazine, free of charge, to people who are either blind or partially sighted. We serve the Weymouth, Portland, Lyme Regis, Bridport, Dorchester, Sherborne and Blandford areas but we have listeners all over Dorset, in neighbouring counties and even further afield.
- South West Dorset Talking Newspaper: 01305 783628 any Wednesday morning before 09.30. If we're not around, we'll return your call as soon as possible.