Information and advice on benefits and debt, including help with bills, credit unions, borrowing and financial care planning, tax and help to manage Individual Service Funds
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: email@example.com
If you are retired, we can help you check whether you are missing out on money, which is rightfully yours. We have a number of resources, which can help you find out more about money and benefits.
- Age UK Bournemouth, Poole and East Dorset - Money and Benefits: 01202 530530
We can carry out benefits entitlement checks and provide support in claiming benefits, such as filling in claim forms.
- Age UK North, South & West Dorset - Money and Benefits: 01305 269444
Altogether Care can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Ellie FruinHayes: 01305 206143, 07881 802196
Our experienced staff can help with a variety of needs for benefits and related advice.
- Age Concern North Dorset: 01258 475582
Bournemouth Churches Housing Association can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living in Bridport.
- Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA): 01202 410500
In order to provide the most appropriate help we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher.
- Bournemouth Foodbank: 01202 394505
The aim of Bournemouth Jewish Support Services is to offer appropriate, confidential support and advice to the Jewish Community across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
- Co-ordinator: Janet Gee: 01202 298817
The British Gas Energy Trust helps individuals and families living in fuel poverty or other suffering or distress who are struggling with their gas and/or electricity debts by awarding grants to clear those debts.
- British Gas Energy Trust: 0121 348 7797
Charis manage Funds on behalf of companies, authorities and charities for individuals and families in need of support.
- Charis: 01733 421021
Run in conjunction with Christchurch Fellowship of Churches
- Christchurch Foodbank: 07587 371088
We are passionate about releasing people in our nation from a life sentence of debt, poverty and its causes. We offer free debt counselling. Working with the church we bring good news, hope and freedom.
- Christians Against Poverty: 01274 760720
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
- Citizens Advice - Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole: 03444 111 444
- Citizens Advice - Bridport: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Central Dorset: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - East Dorset and Purbeck: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Dorset: 0344 245 1291
CQB Care Consultancy provide specialist knowledge, advice, support and assistance with adult social care options, financing adult social care and welfare benefits.
- Claire Quinton: 07845 231488
Darwin Care Ltd can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living in Purbeck, Weymouth and Portland.
- Darwin Care Ltd: 01305 839592
Debt Advice Foundation is a registered national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about loans, credit and debt. Because we're a debt charity, you can be sure that the advice we provide is impartial and based solely on what is best for you.
- Debt Advice Foundation: 0800 043 40 50
Debt Support Trust is a not-for-profit debt advice charity with trained, friendly debt advisors who can advise you on suitable debt solutions. We are a national debt advice charity helping people across the UK.
- Debt Support Trust: 0800 085 0226
Dimensions support adults with learning disabilities and autism across England and Wales.
- Dimensions: 0300 303 9014
Advice, assistance and advocacy with disability benefits, creating Lasting Power of Attorney and Advanced Decisions, applying to the Court of Protection for Deputyship, writing wills with trusts for disabled family members.
- Diverse Abilities Advice Service: 01202 718266
Dorset Advocacy can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Dorset Advocacy: 0300 3437000
Get the help and advice you need to stay warm this winter. The Healthy Homes Project can give you advice about switching suppliers, loans and grants, benefits claims, home improvements and more.
- Julie Wigg: 01202 847610, 07421 994586