Information and advice on benefits and debt, including help with bills, credit unions, borrowing and financial care planning, tax and help to manage Individual Service Funds
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: email@example.com
We can carry out benefits entitlement checks and provide support in claiming benefits, such as filling in claim forms.
- Age UK North, South & West Dorset - Money and Benefits: 01305 269444
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
- Citizens Advice - Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole: 03444 111 444
- Citizens Advice - Bridport: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Central Dorset: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - East Dorset and Purbeck: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Dorset: 0344 245 1291
CQB Care Consultancy provide specialist knowledge, advice, support and assistance with adult social care options, financing adult social care and welfare benefits.
- Claire Quinton: 07845 231488
Debt Support Trust is a not-for-profit debt advice charity with trained, friendly debt advisors who can advise you on suitable debt solutions. We are a national debt advice charity helping people across the UK.
- Debt Support Trust: 0800 085 0226
Advice, assistance and advocacy with disability benefits, creating Lasting Power of Attorney and Advanced Decisions, applying to the Court of Protection for Deputyship, writing wills with trusts for disabled family members.
- Diverse Abilities Advice Service: 0300 330 5514
Get the help and advice you need to stay warm this winter. The Healthy Homes Project can give you advice about switching suppliers, loans and grants, benefits claims, home improvements and more.
- Julie Wigg: 01202 847610, 07421 994586
Energy Saving Trust can help you make better energy choices.
- Energy Saving Trust:
Healthy Homes Dorset helps Dorset residents keep warmer by installing loft and cavity wall insulation. We also offer free, impartial energy advice.
- Healthy Homes Dorset: 0300 003 7023
Information and advice for older people including health, money, housing, support, care and maintaining independence.
- Independent Age: Helpline 0800 319 6789 or phone 020 7605 4200
Money Helper, from the Money and Pensions Services, is here to give people professional, independent and impartial help with their money and pensions - for free.
- Money Helper: Various, depending on topic - see website
Loan sharks are illegal moneylenders who often charge very high interest rates. You can check if a company is authorised to lend money and report loan sharks anonymously.
- Report a loan shark: 0300 555 2222
The Legion provides specialist compensation advice, help with debt and emergency situations, and support you through grants and loans. We help to ease the burden of financial pressure for thousands of Service and ex-Service people every year.
- Royal British Legion - Money Advice: 0808 802 8080
The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) aims to assist consumers and their families in finding trusted accredited financial advisers who understand financial needs in later life.
- Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA): 0333 2020 454
SSAFA's vision is: 'In recognition of their service to the Nation, SSAFA works to ensure that the needs of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families are met in an appropriate and timely way'.
- SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity: Forcesline (our help desk for any member of the armed forces, veterans and their families): 0800 731 4880
Tax Help for Older People is a service from the charity Tax Volunteers providing free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on lower incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional tax advice. With over 420 volunteers and a national call centre, it doesn't matter where you live.
- Tax Help for Older People: 01308 488066
Information and advice for veterans on pensions and benefits available.
- Veterans UK - Pensions and Benefits Advice: 0808 1914 218
Information, advice and benefits guides.
- Welfare Rights: 01387 266888
Our assistance programme, tap, can help if you are struggling to pay your water bill.
- Wessex Water - Tap: 0345 600 3 600