Information and advice on benefits and debt, including help with bills, credit unions, borrowing and financial care planning, tax and help to manage Individual Service Funds
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Altogether Care can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Ellie FruinHayes: 01305 206143, 07881 802196
Charis manage Funds on behalf of companies, authorities and charities for individuals and families in need of support.
- Charis: 01733 421021
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
- Citizens Advice - Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole: 03444 111 444
- Citizens Advice - Bridport: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Central Dorset: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - East Dorset and Purbeck: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Dorset: 0344 245 1291
CQB Care Consultancy provide specialist knowledge, advice, support and assistance with adult social care options, financing adult social care and welfare benefits.
- Claire Quinton: 07845 231488
Dimensions support adults with learning disabilities and autism across England and Wales.
- Dimensions: 0300 303 9014
Dorset Advocacy can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Dorset Advocacy: 0300 3437000
Get the help and advice you need to stay warm this winter. The Healthy Homes Project can give you advice about switching suppliers, loans and grants, benefits claims, home improvements and more.
- Julie Wigg: 01202 847610, 07421 994586
We are a not-for-profit furniture re-use project offering electrical and household goods donated from local people & businesses to the general public with additional discounts available for households on low incomes.
- Dorset Reclaim - Bournemouth: 01202 773384
- Dorset Reclaim - Poole: 01202 679080
- Dorset Reclaim - Dorchester: 01305 267711
- Dorset Reclaim - Head Office, General Enquiries and Feedback: 01202 773384
Dosh can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Dosh Financial Advocacy: 0300 303 1288
Encompass Dorset can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living in West Dorset, North Dorset, Weymouth and Portland.
- Encompass Dorset: 01305 267483
Energy Saving Trust can help you make better energy choices.
- Energy Saving Trust:
Daily money management and safeguarding vulnerable adults (DWP Appointee, Appointeeships, LPAs and Deputyships)
- Finance Care Service: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm 0161 973 5759 (24-hour line for service users)
Our small grant-giving programme offers support to older people living on a low income.
- Friends of the Elderly (FOTE) - Grant-Giving Programme:
Healthy Homes Dorset helps Dorset residents keep warmer by installing loft and cavity wall insulation. We also offer free, impartial energy advice.
- Healthy Homes Dorset: 0300 003 7023
iDirect Independent Living has been established to support people with a learning disability, autism spectrum and/or mental health needs. Our vision is "To enable people to live the kind of life they have reason to value".
- Laura Wollaston and Nicole Avondo: 01202 076 688
Leonard Cheshire Disability can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Leonard Cheshire Disability: 020 3242 0392
Come and visit new to you, a shop full of affordable reclaimed items. Stock changes weekly and includes furniture, crockery, ornaments, toys, sporting equipment and bric a brac.
- New to you:
The Legion provides specialist compensation advice, help with debt and emergency situations, and support you through grants and loans. We help to ease the burden of financial pressure for thousands of Service and ex-Service people every year.
- Royal British Legion - Money Advice: 0808 802 8080
SSAFA's vision is: 'In recognition of their service to the Nation, SSAFA works to ensure that the needs of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families are met in an appropriate and timely way'.
- SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity: Forcesline (our help desk for any member of the armed forces, veterans and their families): 0800 731 4880
Thera South West can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Thera South West: 0300 303 1280