Information and advice on benefits and debt, including help with bills, credit unions, borrowing and financial care planning, tax and help to manage Individual Service Funds
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are retired, we can help you check whether you are missing out on money, which is rightfully yours. We have a number of resources, which can help you find out more about money and benefits.
- Age UK Bournemouth, Poole and East Dorset - Money and Benefits: 01202 530530
Altogether Care can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Ellie FruinHayes: 01305 206143, 07881 802196
The aim of Bournemouth Jewish Support Services is to offer appropriate, confidential support and advice to the Jewish Community across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
- Co-ordinator: Janet Gee: 01202 298817
The British Gas Energy Trust helps individuals and families living in fuel poverty or other suffering or distress who are struggling with their gas and/or electricity debts by awarding grants to clear those debts.
- British Gas Energy Trust: 0121 348 7797
Charis manage Funds on behalf of companies, authorities and charities for individuals and families in need of support.
- Charis: 01733 421021
We are passionate about releasing people in our nation from a life sentence of debt, poverty and its causes. We offer free debt counselling. Working with the church we bring good news, hope and freedom.
- Christians Against Poverty: 01274 760720
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
- Citizens Advice - Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole: 03444 111 444
- Citizens Advice - Bridport: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Central Dorset: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - East Dorset and Purbeck: 0344 245 1291
- Citizens Advice - Dorset: 0344 245 1291
CQB Care Consultancy provide specialist knowledge, advice, support and assistance with adult social care options, financing adult social care and welfare benefits.
- Claire Quinton: 07845 231488
Debt Advice Foundation is a registered national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about loans, credit and debt. Because we're a debt charity, you can be sure that the advice we provide is impartial and based solely on what is best for you.
- Debt Advice Foundation: 0800 043 40 50
Debt Support Trust is a not-for-profit debt advice charity with trained, friendly debt advisors who can advise you on suitable debt solutions. We are a national debt advice charity helping people across the UK.
- Debt Support Trust: 0800 085 0226
Advice, assistance and advocacy with disability benefits, creating Lasting Power of Attorney and Advanced Decisions, applying to the Court of Protection for Deputyship, writing wills with trusts for disabled family members.
- Diverse Abilities Advice Service: 0300 330 5514
Get the help and advice you need to stay warm this winter. The Healthy Homes Project can give you advice about switching suppliers, loans and grants, benefits claims, home improvements and more.
- Julie Wigg: 01202 847610, 07421 994586
We are a not-for-profit furniture re-use project offering electrical and household goods donated from local people & businesses to the general public with additional discounts available for households on low incomes.
- Dorset Reclaim - Bournemouth: 01202 773384
- Dorset Reclaim - Poole: 01202 679080
- Dorset Reclaim - Dorchester: 01305 267711
- Dorset Reclaim - Head Office, General Enquiries and Feedback: 01202 773384
Energy Saving Trust can help you make better energy choices.
- Energy Saving Trust:
If you are experiencing debt, financial problems, or your finances are out of control, we can offer support from our dedicated team of volunteers. Our team are licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority to work with clients' creditors.
- Faithworks Wessex - Money Matters: 01202 429037
Daily money management and safeguarding vulnerable adults (DWP Appointee, Appointeeships, LPAs and Deputyships)
- Finance Care Service: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm 0161 973 5759 (24-hour line for service users)
Our small grant-giving programme offers support to older people living on a low income.
- Friends of the Elderly (FOTE) - Grant-Giving Programme:
Healthy Homes Dorset helps Dorset residents keep warmer by installing loft and cavity wall insulation. We also offer free, impartial energy advice.
- Healthy Homes Dorset: 0300 003 7023
iDirect Independent Living has been established to support people with a learning disability, autism spectrum and/or mental health needs. Our vision is "To enable people to live the kind of life they have reason to value".
- Laura Wollaston and Nicole Avondo: 01202 076 688
Information and advice for older people including health, money, housing, support, care and maintaining independence.
- Independent Age: Helpline 0800 319 6789 or phone 020 7605 4200