Information and advice on benefits and debt, including help with bills, credit unions, borrowing and financial care planning, tax and help to manage Individual Service Funds
If you are a service provider and would like your organisation to be included on the directory, or if you need to inform us of any changes to your current entry, please contact us with brief details: firstname.lastname@example.org
A local energy advice agency delivering fuel poverty projects through identifying grants, finance and any other suitable sources of assistance.
- Ridgewater Energy: 01202 612726
The Legion provides specialist compensation advice, help with debt and emergency situations, and support you through grants and loans. We help to ease the burden of financial pressure for thousands of Service and ex-Service people every year.
- Royal British Legion - Money Advice: 0808 802 8080
- Simple Energy Advice: 0800 444202
The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) aims to assist consumers and their families in finding trusted accredited financial advisers who understand financial needs in later life.
- Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA): 0333 2020 454
SSAFA's vision is: 'In recognition of their service to the Nation, SSAFA works to ensure that the needs of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families are met in an appropriate and timely way'.
- SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity: Forcesline (our help desk for any member of the armed forces, veterans and their families): 0800 731 4880
Free advice on problem debt based on what's best for you. We're the UK's leading debt advice charity.
- StepChange Debt Charity: 0800 138 1111
Tax Help for Older People is a service from the charity Tax Volunteers providing free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on lower incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional tax advice. With over 420 volunteers and a national call centre, it doesn't matter where you live.
- Tax Help for Older People: 01308 488066
Free and impartial money advice, set up by government.
- The Money Advice Service: 0800 138 7777
We are a national social enterprise that provide appointeeships, Carers Shopping Cards and money management services.
- The Money Carer Foundation: 0161 791 3064
Thera South West can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living across Dorset.
- Thera South West: 0300 303 1280
Unity Dorset can manage your Individual Service Fund (ISF). We will hold an ISF for people living in Weymouth and Portland.
- Grant Waller and Colleen James: 01305 567750, 07730 584934 or 07956 589284
Information and advice for veterans on pensions and benefits available.
- Veterans UK - Pensions and Benefits Advice: 0808 1914 218
Information, advice and benefits guides.
- Welfare Rights: 01387 266888
Our assistance programme, tap, can help if you are struggling to pay your water bill.
- Wessex Water - Tap: 0345 600 3 600
Win on Waste promotes waste reduction and runs small projects to involve local people.
- Win on Waste: 07771 705662
We are the co-operative savings and loans organisation for Dorset and Somerset.
- Wyvern Savings and Loans: 01305 268444
This service is provided by PHP (Poole Housing Partnership) and can be provided free to all residents of Poole.
- Your Money - PHP: 01202 128496