Money management

Help with managing your money, debt management and information about borrowing money

Help and advice

If you have debts and find that you are not able to make any of your repayments or if you're facing the threat of court action, you should get help quickly. Don't ignore the debt, it won't just go away. It's very important that you seek free, independent debt advice as soon as possible. 

Citizens Advice (opens in a new window) and the  Money Advice Service (opens in a new window) provide a range of information and advice.

Our service provider directory lists a number of organisations who provide advice and support.


If you're unable to pay your gas, electricity or water bills, many of the companies offer schemes to help you; contact your energy supplier as soon as possible. 

Citizens Advice (opens in a new window) provide practical help you if you are unable to pay your bills.


You may be entitled to  benefits (opens in a new window) if you are on a low income.

Food banks

If you do not have enough money for food you can ask to be referred to a food bank by a social worker, health visitor, church leader, a Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service officer, your housing association or an advisor from Citizens Advice. They will assess that you meet the criteria, issue you with a voucher and advise you of your nearest food bank.

Page last updated: 21/03/2019 08:10