Search site

An Occupational Therapist can help you with everyday tasks.

Occupational Therapists (often known as OTs) can help with any problems you may be having with everyday tasks and can visit you in your home. This can help you continue to live safely and independently in your own home. 

When the OT has looked at the problems you are having, they can suggest a range of solutions. These might include;

  • advice on other ways to manage tasks
  • some equipment to help
  • a Telecare system to let people know if you need help
  • adaptations to your home

Independent Living Centres have OTs who can talk to you about your needs.

Alternatively, please get in touch with us.

Dorset Accessible Homes Grant

A Dorset Accessible Homes Grant (opens in a new window) - previously known as a Disabled Facilities Grant can be used to pay for a range of adaptations to ensure that you have access to facilities within your home. Your OT can help with a grant application.

If you live in Bournemouth or Poole, the same scheme is still called the Disabled Facilities Grant.

Contact Bournemouth (opens in a new window)

Contact Poole (opens in a new window)

Help with getting about

Occupational Therapists help people with carrying out tasks rather than getting about. If you are having problems with moving around the house or outdoors, you should ask your GP to get a physiotherapist to see you. They might suggest you need walking sticks or a frame for example.

Further information

You may also want to look at these pages;

Page last updated: 24/01/2018 11:30
Feedback icon