Search site

Personal care means getting help with your daily routine from getting up in the morning through to going to bed at night.


If you have had an illness, accident, just come home from hospital or are becoming frail you might find it difficult to look after yourself.

Reablement is a short period of intensive support in your home. We will work with you to help you regain old skills or develop new ones. In most cases, this is all you need to regain your independence and be able to carry on living in your own home.

Care assistants

A care agency can arrange for a care assistant to visit you at home to help for a few hours a week or more. Care agencies charge around £15 an hour depending on the level of care provided.

The  Care Choices - home care checklist (opens in a new window) gives a list of important things to think about when choosing a care agency.

Occupational therapists

An occupational therapist could help you to solve problems that make everyday tasks difficult. This can help you to live safely and independently in your own home. They can also support carers and families.

Paying for your short term care

There is further information about how to pay for care services in your own home.


Advocacy is available if you need help to express your views and wishes.

Page last updated: 30/01/2019 11:46
MyLifeMyCare feedback